Friday, June 10, 2011

Research of project 1


I researched on how to model a head of a cow by using a tutorial based on 'Maya At A Glance'. The shape of the head is entirely different but I still used it as reference. I find it was rather helpful in teaching me where to start from. First, I created a polygon cube. I used smooth tool to smoothen out the sharp edges of the polygon cube. I also extrude, pull and scale so as to create ears for my toy cow. I used the sculpt geometry tool to smooth the vertex position of the model. I also learnt how to make the cow head symmetrical by deleting one side of the model by using the mirror geometry tool in the Polygons menu. It saves time and effort too. Those were similar steps that I think could be implemented in my cow toy model.

No comments:

Post a Comment